• Counter :
  • 363
  • Date :
  • 4/25/2011

Bahrain forces raid girl’s school again

file photo of protests in bahrain’s capital of manama

Saudi-backed Bahraini forces launch a second raid on an all-girls' school in the north of the country, in line with violent crackdown on the popular revolution the government is facing.

Eyewitnesses say the Saudi-backed forces took away several teachers during the Sunday attack on the secondary school, located in the Hamad Town.

The parents of students have been notified that their daughters would face interrogation. The school first came under attack less than a week ago.

The attack came amid continued thousands-strong peaceful protests across the Persian Gulf Island. The protesters have been calling for a constitutional monarchy since mid-February.

On March 13, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates deployed police and military forces in the country at Manama’s request to help quell the uprising.

Bahrain’s biggest political party of al-Wefaq said on Saturday that the forces have destroyed over 30 holy sites, including 16 mosques, since the government’s imposition of martial law last month.

Other reports say over 28 mosques and 50 mourning halls have been destroyed.

The Bahraini regime has reportedly deployed a massive number of security forces in villages to terrorize protesters.

Rights groups say government forces have even raided hospitals and tortured doctors and patients as part of their efforts to suppress the protests. They also say that more than 30 medical workers have gone missing.

The Amnesty International says it is concerned about the fate of many missing activists and the widespread torture of detained protesters.

Source: presstv.ir

  • Print

    Send to a friend

    Comment (0)