Hezbollah: US Sent Israel to War
Hezbollah leader Seyyed Hassan Nasrallah said Sunday that the United States had ordered the Zionist regime to invade Lebanon last summer.
The war killed over 1,000 Lebanese civilians and destroyed much of Lebanon"s infrastructure in 34 days.
The Lebanese resistance leader told Alalam in an exclusive interview that Israel went into war with Hezbollah to serve the US ambitions in the Middle East.
Nasrallah said the main challenge facing the Zionist regime is the lack of an intelligent leadership, stressing that Israel is unable to resolve its fundamental problems.
He said the recent war report by the Winograd Commission clearly indicates the failure of the Zionist regime in the Lebanon war.
Appointed by the Israeli government in the wake of last year"s war with Hezbollah, the Winograd Commission has published a damning report which blasts the conduct of prime minister Ehud Olmert, war minister Amir Peretz and the former Israeli chief-of-staff, Lt.-Gen. Dan Halutz.
The report has resulted in a wave of political and public pressure for Olmert to resign. Israeli Minister-without-Portfolio Eitan Cabel resigned from the government stating "I cannot sit in a government headed by Olmert."
Nasrallah said the report must have contained secret information on collaboration between the Zionist regime and some regional states in the war against Hezbollah.
He also said that the US will fail to realize its objectives in the Middle East.
"The Palestinian and Lebanese resistance groups as well as Syria and Iran have foiled the US plots in the region," he said.
Nasrallah said the US has failed to isolate Syria and had to withdraw its plans for a military showdown with Iran from its Middle East agenda. He said that Washington is now working to fuel tension among various Lebanese groups.