Zarqa Private University (ZPU) http://www.zpu.edu.jo/services/about_usFram.htm
The philosophy of the university emanates from the tolerant Islamic faith and the distinguished Arabic Islamic civilization, in addition to a strong belief in the unity and integration of our Arab Islamic Ummah, combined with a reasonable balance in the upbringing of a true believing and enlightened individual and a strongly coherent society. It also springs from an outstanding of a combination of deep-rooted thought and culture of Islam, and an awareness of present-day issues, besides stressing scientific methodology in behavior, science, and action.
Within the framework of this philosophy, the university strives to achieve the following general goals:
§ Offering higher education opportunities in the different fields of knowledge including humanities, pure and applied science, and arts, with an ultimate aim, of providing the society with specialists in the various areas of life
§ Enhancing knowledge in different spheres through the adoption of scientific research in solving the problems of the society and its development
§ Developing the community at large, and contributing to solving problems through training courses, continuous education, and field guidance, in addition to providing expertise and consultation in different fields
§ Building the full-rounded student personality in its different dimensions guided by the norms of Islamic values with concentration on the scientific method of thought, initiative, feeling of responsibility and work value, cultivating in students the sense of belonging to their country and to the humanity with a view to be a constructive member in his society
§ Giving special attention to the intellectual and cultural build-up of the individual to be thoughtfully open on the sciences, languages, cultures, and to give special attention to the intellectual and cultural build-up of the nation, as a whole, and experiences of other nations
§ Highlighting the position of Arab Islamic civilization, and disseminating its heritage worldwide, and activating its role in the resurgence of the Ummah and the guidance of human civilization
§ Consolidating the Islamic perspective on knowledge, particularly human sciences, teaching activities, out research, etc
§ Taking utmost care of the Arabic language to become a medium of instruction and scientific research, and working on transferring knowledge from different sources into Arabic spreading it as far as possible
§ Strengthening ties with other universities, academic authorities and establishments on local, Arab, Islamic, and international levels
The University is structured into seven faculties containing a total of 17 departments that are responsible for undergraduate teaching. The faculties are:v Faculty of Shari'a (Islamic study)
The first faculty to be established at theZarqa Private University in the university’s first year (1994-1995).
1. Bringing up a generation that believes in God, clings to the religion, feels proud of its legacy, be aware of the present, foresees the future and can convey the global Islamic message and Islamic values.
2. Contributing to an integrated balanced formation of the student’s personality in accordance with Islamic perspective.
3. Teaching the students the basics of dealing with the Holy Qur’an, in terms of recitation, theory and practice.
4. Teaching the students the basics of true belief in order to defend the Islamic doctrine before false doctrines.
5. Teaching the students the right methodology and its disciplines in terms of theory and practice.
6. Developing the students’ juristical talent to be able to understand the old scholars’ opinions and deal with the contemporary juristical issues.
7. Introducing the students to the fundamentals of jurisprudence and the objectives of the Shari’a, to be able to derive the Islamic regulations.
8. Developing the students’ communicative capabilities for religious purposes in order to have a greater influence on their community.
9. Developing the faculty members’ scholarly and research abilities.
10. Enhancing the relations and cooperation between the faculty members on good deeds in order to perform their job towards the students and the university.
11. Motivating the faculty members towards perfection in performing their duties.
12. Encouraging research in the various fields.
1. Attracting distinguished faculty members and developing their academic and teaching competency.
2. Providing the scientific atmosphere for the professors and the students’ creativity.
3. Creating a wider environment of research writing for students and professors.
4. Activating the role of the deanship, departments and committees for accelerated achievements.
5. Going in line with the latest scientific developments serving the teaching process in general and the Islamic studies in particular.
6. Identifying the difficulties facing the teaching process and overcoming them in the appropriate educational manners.
7. Holding anual conferences.
8. Issuing brochures about the nation’s occasions and conditions.
9. Activating the role of the students committees in the faculty.
10. Interacting with the community through specialized and juristical seminars.v Faculty of Arts
The Faculty of Arts consists of 4 Departments. The Number of Students at The Faculty for the academic year 2003 / 2004 is 949.
The Faculty has the following departments: Department of Arabic Language and Literature Department of English Language and Literature Department of Library Science and Informatics Department of Historyv Faculty of Science and Information Technology
TheFaculty of Information Technology and Scienceconsists of 3 Departments. The Number of Students at the Faculty for the academic year 2004 / 2005 is 659. Department of Mathematics Department of Physics Department of Computer Sciencev Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences
The Faculty ofEconomics and Administrative Sciencesconsists of 5 Departments. The Number of Students at the Faculty for the academic year 2004 / 2005 is 1087. Department of Economics
Department of Business Administration Department of Accounting Department of Financial and Banking Sciences Department of Marketingv Faculty of Educational Sciences
The Faculty of Educational Sciences consists of 6 programs. The Number of Students at the Faculty for the academic year 2004 / 2005 is 965, taught by 15 staff members
The Faculty has the following programs:Class Teacher Field Teacher :
· Islamic Education
· Arabic Language
· English Language
· Sciencev Faculty of Law
The Faculty of Law consists of one department. The Number of students at the Faculty for the academic year 2004 / 2005 is 180. Department of Lawv Faculty of Allied Medical Sciences
The Faculty of Allied Medical Sciences consists of one department only. The number of students at the Faculty for the academic year 2004/2005 is 87. Department of Medical Technology
Scientific Center http://www.zpu.edu.jo/Centers/Centers.htm
Extra-curriculum activities are being held at ZPU via a variety of centers that aim to serve the local community in addition to enhance the academic performance of employees.
The centers as follows:
Arabic Language for Non-Native Speakers Center
Continuous Teaching andCommunityServiceCenter
Studies, Research and Consultation Center
Islamic Cultural Center
Sources of Learning Center
Environmental Study Center
ACIT (International Arab Conference on Information Technology)
IAJIT (The International Arab Journal of Information Technology)+