• Counter :
  • 2345
  • Date :
  • 9/13/2003

 Damascus University

Damascus University, the largest in Syria, dates back to the beginning of the last century. Today in its ninth decade, the University is still one of the most important centers of Arab culture in the Middle East.
The nucleus of this University was the Damascus School of Medicine, established in 1903 during the Ottoman era. In 1919, the Institute of law was founded and the two colleges were united in 1923 under the name of "The Syrian University".
After the Syrian independence in 1946, the University witnessed great improvements, with many faculties added. In 1958, during the Syria-Egypt Union, it was renamed asDamascusUniversity.

Faculties:

Today,Damascus University consists of the following faculties:

Faculty of Literature and Human Sciences
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Economics
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Agriculture
Faculty of Islamic Sharia'a
Faculty of Pharmacy
Faculty of Medicine
Faculty of Dentistry
Faculty of Civil Engineering
Faculty of Fine Arts
Faculty of Architecture
Faculty of Mechanic Engineering
Higher Institute of Administrative Development

The University is also affiliated with a number of specialist institutes including the following:


Intermediate Institute of Agriculture
Intermediate Institute of Commerce
Intermediate Institute of Dentistry
Intermediate Institute of Engineering
Intermediate Institute of Industry
Medical Intermediate Institute
Secretarial Intermediate Institute
Nursing School
Institute of Computers
  Addresses:
University ofDamascus

Damascus, Baramkah

Tel: 011-2215104, 011-2215101

Fax: 011-2236010

  • Print

    Send to a friend

    Comment (0)

  • Most Read Articles