The Mysterious Health Benefits of Cinnamon
Cinnamon is perhaps the spice with the longest known history, a favourite flavouring in cuisines around the world. It is useful in terms of its nutritional and health values.
It contains unique healthy and healing properties that come from the active components in the essential oils found in its bark. Cinnamon is also effective in activating essential enzymes in the body.
The following are ten health benefits associated with this beloved spice that studies have suggested:
· 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower your bad cholesterol (or LDL).
· Cinnamon may help treat Type 2 Diabetes by lowering blood sugar levels and increasing the amount of insulin production in the body.
· Cinnamon has antifungal properties, and it's been said that candida cannot live in a cinnamon environment.
· Cinnamon can reduce the proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.
· Cinnamon has an anti-clotting effect on the blood.
· Honey and Cinnamon combined has been found to relieve arthritis pain.
· When added to food, cinnamon inhibits bacterial growth and food spoilage, making it a natural food preservative.
· Just smelling cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory.
· Cinnamon fights the E. coli bacteria in unpasteurized juices.
· Cinnamon has been found to be an effective natural remedy for eliminating headaches and migraine relief.
· Cinnamon can also help stablize blood sugar (which is great for weight loss). A couple of dashes in your morning tea or cereal are all it takes!
Now, this said, we are absolutely not advocating you start guzzling the cinnamon - as it has been found to be toxic in large doses. We are, however, wholeheartedly encouraging a little pinch (or stick) here and there in places you might otherwise have overlooked (in your tea or coffee, added to savory dishes, etc.) - if not for your overall health, for its undeniably enchanting aroma and flavour.
Potatoes provide significant benefits to one’s health when eaten properly
Kiwi Fruits, One of the Richest Sources of Nutrients for Body
Coconut Oil for Beautiful Skin and Hair (Part 1)
Coconut Oil for Beautiful Skin and Hair (Part 2)
Health Benefits of Peach