Tips and Advice on how you can start losing Love handles
Love handles – the common, somewhat humorous name given to those extra pounds we carry around our waists. This collection of extra skin and fat usually comes with age, primarily because we continue to eat the same foods we ate when we are younger.
The problem comes with age because our metabolism slows down as we age and we don’t exercise as much. The pounds seem to collect around our waists and hips.
Less Body Fat
While some of us get excited about losing three or four pounds in the first week of a diet or new exercise program, the truth is we have probably just eliminated some extra water weight or a few pounds of matter collected in the intestines. The key real weight loss is reduction of body fat. This is the only method that can really eliminate love handles.
If you are generally thin in the rest of the body but still have those small rolls of fat around your waist, you should be able to reduce them with specific, focused exercises. Look for activity that concentrates on muscles called latissimus and oblique. Key factors in this program are patience and persistence. You will need to combine the correct exercises with changes in diet and nutrition. In other words, don’t expect miracles from quick-loss diets or some expensive over-the-counter pill. You will need discipline to get rid of love handles and even more discipline to keep them from coming back.
How to Get Rid Of Love Handles – Step-by-Step
1. Modify your Diet
It is time for you to start and have a healthy diet. Remember that nutritious foods are very important to boost your immune system. Each person has to have a dietary plan. This will depend on the gender and the genetics of each individual. But the factors to be considered are as follows:
• You should lessen your calorie intake. A normal calorie intake for a person would be 2000 calories a day. But on your quest on how to get rid of love handles, around 1400 – 1800 calories a day is recommended.
• Remember that your calorie intake should not be lower than 1400 because you might get weaker and your cognitive function may be imbalanced.
• It is best to eat small but frequent meals so as not to starve yourself. Eat foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals to sustain your body’s health.
• Avoid foods that have saturated fats, simple carbohydrates, sugary foods and salty foods as well. These foods will not benefit your mission on how to get rid of love handles.
• Smoking and alcohol intake should be stopped. Remember, it is not good for your body and it can also cause some serious problems in the future.
• Water should also be included in your diet plan. Water can have a hunger suppressing effect if taken in frequently. Meaning, your tummy will feel full so water can replace your food intake. But still, you should eat nutritious foods other than water.
• Raw food diet can be considered for faster metabolism and it will cleanse your system as well.
2. Start your love handle exercises
You will have to combine this dietary change with the right kind of exercise. Aerobic exercise is the key – walking, jogging or similar indoor programs must be used consistently to burn fat. This type of exercise will give better results than sit-ups, crunches and other abdominal exercise. You need to eliminate fat first before you tone muscles with specific abdomen programs.
We mentioned patience and persistence earlier. If your love handles are small you may see results in a couple of weeks, with the correct combination of diet and exercise. If the fat has collected in larger amounts you may not see results for several weeks. A continue program over several months will reduce those love handles. You should continue the activities and lifestyle after your love handles are gone. If you don’t, they are quite likely to come back.
How to Get Rid Of Love Handles – Alternatives
1. Yoga – Yoga techniques can be of help to burn belly fats and increase metabolism.
2. Pilates – Pilates is a modern technique to help burn fats and tone muscle obliques including belly fats.
3. Tai chi – Tai chi is an ancient Chinese exercise that helps your flex your muscles and bones.
These ancient exercise methods are effective with the help of yoga masters, Pilates instructors and tai chi masters. Although these methods are not yet proven scientifically, for people who tried this methods; it is quite effective.
How to get rid of love handles is very easy to do and you can do it in due time if you are motivated. Always stay focused and the determination should be within you so that all these methods in your diet plan and exercises will be successful. Do not waste your time, start early as possible to get rid of your love handles.
What should we do with swelling? (Part 1)
What should we do with swelling? (Part 2)
Causes and Remedies for Stinky Feet
Eyelid Twitch or Blepharospasm
What Causes Cold Feet?
Walking is great form of exercise that anyone can do to improve their fitness or to lose weight. It does not require any special equipment and is a great low impact and low ...
Water is a basic nutrient that is critical for the human body. It supports the digestion of food, absorption, transportation and ...
Have you forgotten what it feels like to be really hungry? Does it feel like you can eat and eat without feeling the urge to stop? Do your friends feel like you are bitten by the hungry bug? Has food become kind of an addiction to you? If all ...