How to Prevent Kidney Failure
Kidney failure is the final step of kidney disease. It occurs when the kidneys can no longer process fluid normally. When kidney failure occurs, the patient typically has to go on dialysis, which is when a machine performs the function of the kidneys for your body. However, there are steps that can prevent kidney failure or at least delay its occurrence from happening.
1. Control your blood pressure at all costs. Chronic high blood pressure is one of the most common causes of acute kidney failure in adult men and women.
2. Ask your doctor about taking garlic supplements. These supplements can help reduce blood pressure quickly, but at the same time they will inhibit the blood’s ability to form clots, so they should only be taken under medical supervision.
3. Quit smoking. Cigarette smoke causes a variety of health problems that can increase your chance of kidney failure. If you stop smoking, it will also lower your blood pressure, which is important for preventing kidney failure.
4. Talk to you doctor about your kidney disease before you have any kind of X-ray. You will need to take special medication before the X-ray in order to prevent it from damaging your kidneys.
5. Stop drinking alcohol. You can reduce the strain on your kidneys by cutting all alcoholic drinks out of your lifestyle. These drinks require that your kidneys work very hard and not drinking them can help prevent kidney problems.
6. Drink plenty of water. Even though your kidneys may be damaged, they should still be able to process water. Try to drink at least eight glasses each day.
7. See your doctor and have regular blood and urine tests done. These tests will notice any developing issues before
The Importance of kidneys
Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
Diagnosis of a kidney stone
Kidney Stone in kids
Some Necessary Steps to Help Prevent Kids from Getting Kidney Stones