Asian-Indian Proverbs (Part2)
33. I bought the nettle, sowed the nettle, and then the nettle stung me.
34. If a man's heart be impure, all things will appear hostile to him.
35. If you are buying a cow, make sure that the price of the tail is included.
36. If you forsake a certainty and depend on an uncertainty, you will lose both the certainty and the uncertainty.
37. If you gently touch a nettle it'll sting you for your pains; grasp it like a lad of mettle, an' as soft as silk remains.
38. If you have planted a tree you must water it too.
39. Ignorance is the peace of life.
40. It is better to walk than to run; it is better to stand than to walk; it is better to sit than to stand; it is better to lie than to sit.
41. Kind words conquer.
42. Learn about the future by looking at the past.
43. Life is like a lamp flame; it needs a little oil now and then.
44. Love is a crocodile in the river of desire.
45. Many dogs kill a hare, no matter how many turns it makes.
46. Never strike your wife, even with a flower.
47. No strength within, no respect without.
48. No sunshine but hath some shadow.
49. O daughter, I'm telling you. O daughter-in-law, listen to it.
50. One and one are sometimes eleven.
51. One man can burn water, whereas another cannot even burn oil.
52. One man cut the barrage, and a thousand people fell into the river.
53. One man's beard is on fire, and another man warms his hands on it.
54. Only the cure you believe in cures.
55. Our faults provide opportunities for others.
56. Our shadow will follow us.
57. Saving mustard seeds in hand, while a watermelon escapes.
58. Service is greatness.
59. Sleep after selling horses and elephants.
60. Snakes turn milk into poison.
61. Take a close look at today, because yesterday is but a dream and tomorrow is barely a vision.
62. The beggar is not afraid of the drawbacks of being rich.
63. The beggar who asks for crumbs gets more than the one who asks for bread.
Portuguese, Spanish proverbs (Part 1)
Portuguese, Spanish proverbs (Part 2)
A fool who knows he is a fool has a little intelligence, but a fool that ...
Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents...
rbs A tale never loses in the telling. Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead. Be slow in choosing a friend, but slower in changing him. Better be ill spoken of by one before all than by all bef...