1. Beauty is ten, nine of which is dressing.
2. Beauty without virtue is a curse.
3. Cheap meat never makes a good soup.
4. Courage is ten; nine is the ability to escape.
5. Courage mounteth with occasion.
6. He can't see the beam in his own, but he's looking for an eyelash in someone else's.
7. I tried to draw the eyebrow, but I ended up poking the eye.
8. Its not shameful not to know, but it's shameful not to ask.
9. Make sure your blanket covers your feet.
10. never mind storms and snows for the sake of a friend.
11. One’s own simple bread is much better than someone else's pilaf.
12. Pass the bridge that your kinsmen have passed.
13. Saying ‘halva-halva’ won't make your mouth sweet.
14. The forest can't be without its jackals.
15. Until spring comes, nightingales do not sing.
16. Until the lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter.
Arabian Proverbs (Part1)
Arabian Proverbs (part2)
Arabian Proverbs (part3)
Butterflies in the Stomach
By the skin of your teeth
(1) You are as many a person as languages you know. How can one start a fast with baklava in one's hand. The eagle was killed by an arrow made from its own feathers. Clouds that thunder do not always rain. He who...
(2) He who can not pray at home will celebrate mass somewhere else. He who looks for a friend without a fault will never find one. He who speaks a lot learns little. He's looking for the donkey while sitting on it...
rbs Proverbi dalla tradizione popolare austriaca A light is still a light-even though the blind man can not see it. If you shoot your arrows at stones, you'll damage them. The earth doesn't shake when the fle...